Re: Introduction

From: Michael Wilson (mwdestinystar@yahoo.co.uk)
Date: Wed Sep 07 2005 - 09:15:17 MDT

> I was in the middle of my Ph.D. thesis (in AI/Psychology) in 1992 when I
> finally realised that the systems I wanted to build *could not* be built
> without incredibly sophisticated tools.

Congratulations, you are now at the [ http://www.flare.org/ ] stage.

That was Eliezer's tool infatuation circa 1999; I also recall seeing several
'new programming paradigm' projects (of which there are legion) that closely
matched your description of what you think is necessary, but none of them
actually looked practical and AFAIK none of them have produced anything
useful.

 * Michael Wilson