RE: Introduction TRANSPLANTED from seedaiwannabees.

From: Phillip Huggan (cdnprodigy@yahoo.com)
Date: Wed Sep 07 2005 - 09:19:43 MDT

Ben Goertzel <ben@goertzel.org> wrote:
>So what I would say is: If some small team of individuals doesn't create
>AGI in the next 5-20 years, then perhaps some lone maverick will do it
>20-40 years from now, once technology has developed far enough to support
>lone-maverick activities in this area.

20 years is the timeline the semiconductor industry will stumble upon Molecular Nanotechnology. MNT military applications will be licensed... selfishly. If there must be an AGI maverick, please feel free to achieve AGI within two decades.

>I am much more in sympathy with your prior comments about
immature technologies
>b) the difficulty of separating the purely-scientific from engineering-
>oriented aspects of a complex engineering project

This kept me away from quantum computing studies even though the technology has underweighted singularity potential. My two cents says an AGI project of limited resources can leave the engineering recruitment till near the end as many prerequisite tools will be independently developed.