Re: Acceptance ...

From: Elias Sinderson (elias@cse.ucsc.edu)
Date: Thu Dec 02 2004 - 12:17:27 MST

Ben Goertzel wrote:

> [...] Hopefully once we create superhuman AI's they will help us solve
> the problem of time-travel and then we'll each be only "as bounded as
> we wanna be", in our own (optionally-consensually-shared) multiverses...

I do hope you've considered the possibility that, even if it appears
otherwise, we *are* as bounded as we want to be? All philosophical
skulduggery aside, hoping that superhuman AI will solve the problem of
time travel is like hoping, e.g., it will provide an existential proof
of G-d. In other words, don't get your hopes up.

Regards,
Elias