Re: Acceptance of death

From: Joel Pitt (extropy@paradise.net.nz)
Date: Fri Dec 03 2004 - 17:55:09 MST

As mentioned in another post, apoligies for angsting on the list...

I think I should revise my outlook in the bright light of day:
I'm not so much ambivalent towards death, but I don't fear it.
I guess constantly battling with depression and the desire to
just escape by ending it all has taken any edge off the concept
of death for me. It has probably also made me confuse exactly
what I want.

However, when in a good frame of mind I certainly don't want
to die and I want to do what I can to maintain that frame. But
despite exercise, meditation and pharmaceutical help it is sometimes
impossible to avoid going downhill.

-joel