Re: Yehuda Yudkowsky, 1985-2004

From: primeradiant (primeradiant@supanet.com)
Date: Fri Nov 19 2004 - 10:54:58 MST

Dear Eliezer,

    Allow me to express my deepest sympathy and condolences on your terrible loss.

    The death of my father drove me to take the first major step in developing psychohistory from the futile state it has been in for so long towards becoming a more profound, rigorous, statistical science. Understanding ourselves was for me the first step towards developoing the technologies necessary to overcome the horror and futility of death.

    How more terrible for you, when your own life brackets that of one you love! For me, this makes me cherish all the more those with whom we traverse this brief span of existence (at the present time).

Psychohistory itself predicts the possibility of the Singularity (Resolution of the Fifth Discontinuity).

    Please, let us all work together to "rage, rage against the dying of the light". Let's not consider as 'alien' those who work in what seem to be widely different fields, or who seem to have very different perspectives.

'Electronic tribalism' is futile. If we persist in this, we will only end up letting death have the final victory.

Once more, I feel for you deeply.

With sorrow,

Paul Ziolo
primeradiant@supanet.com