Re: [sl4] Uploads coming first would be good, right?.

From: Stuart Armstrong (dragondreaming@googlemail.com)
Date: Tue Feb 10 2009 - 03:47:47 MST

Nice derivation - but I've seen it before. Seems like a general
procedure that people keep on rediscovering.

And the probability is NOT the square of the (complex valued) wave
function, but the modulus squared (or F(x) times the conjugate of
F(x)). Then you need to add a remark to get rid of the non-real phase
changes (such as multiplication by i) - simply note that if you do the
interchange twice, then you return to the original system, so the
phase change has to square to one.