Re: [sl4] Uploads coming first would be good, right?.

From: John K Clark (johnkclark@fastmail.fm)
Date: Tue Feb 10 2009 - 10:06:39 MST

On Tue, 10 Feb 2009 "Stuart Armstrong"
<dragondreaming@googlemail.com> said:

> Nice derivation

Thanks.

> but I've seen it before. Seems like a general
> procedure that people keep on rediscovering.

I never claimed to have discovered the Pauli exclusion principle, some
other guy beat me to the punch back in 1925, but I forget his name.

> the probability is NOT the square
> of the (complex valued) wave function

The complex valued wave function, also called the quantum wave function,
is the square root of a probability.

> Then you need to add a remark to get rid of the non-real phase changes

If only I could. It would be nice indeed if you could get rid of the
imaginary part of the quantum wave function, because then you’d also get
rid of quantum weirdness, but as experiment has shown that’s not the way
the world works.

  John K Clark

--
  John K Clark