Re: Singularitarian demographics

From: BillK (pharos@gmail.com)
Date: Tue Aug 08 2006 - 01:56:16 MDT

On 8/8/06, Joel Pitt wrote:
> I'm happy to collect statistics, and it might be slightly more
> meaningful than the stupid tickle IQ test scores that I collected.
> I'll try and come up with some field categories and appropriate
> questions. If you've got any suggestions for questions or categories
> then let me know off-list.

With list statistics you have the problem of the ten or twenty regular
posters versus the great unwashed mass of the (mostly) lurkers. The
lurkers are unlikely to take part in polls. (For many and various
good reasons).

So if you just want a poll of the broadcasters (who produce the list)
as opposed to the listeners, then that should be easy and quick.

BillK