Re: Singularitarian demographics

From: Philip Goetz (philgoetz@gmail.com)
Date: Tue Aug 08 2006 - 14:39:18 MDT

On 8/6/06, Joshua Fox <joshua@joshuafox.com> wrote:
> I note that the great majority of SL4 members have computer software as
> their primary profession. Why is this?

I note that the majority of people I know have computer software as
their primary profession. The percentage of the people I know who
neither program computers nor read science fiction or fantasy is
probably under 10%, not counting relatives. I noticed this on
Livejournal, when I clicked madly to traverse through the network of
users, but was unable to escape the comp-sci+SF-fandom universe.