RE: Recipe for Destruction - Joy/Kurzweil NYTimes Op-Ed

From: Ben Goertzel (ben@goertzel.org)
Date: Mon Oct 17 2005 - 14:37:00 MDT

I love freedom of information, but unfortunately I am not sure Ray is wrong.

The question is, though, if some bad guys wanted to get access to a
"restricted" genome, how hard would it really be for them to do so?
Security leaks seem pretty common even regarding nuclear weapons. I'm not
sure imposing restrictions would do that much good. But I suspect they
would do more good than harm.

-- Ben