Re: Recipe for Destruction - Joy/Kurzweil NYTimes Op-Ed

From: Joel Peter William Pitt (joel.pitt@gmail.com)
Date: Mon Oct 17 2005 - 14:18:34 MDT

On 10/18/05, Tyler Emerson <emerson@intelligence.org> wrote:

> Ray sent this earlier, a possible Action Item for anyone with interest:
> http://www.nytimes.com/2005/10/17/opinion/17kurzweiljoy.html?hp
>
> This hasn't been Slashdotted or Boinged yet.

For everyones information, the article is about the public release of the
1918 flu genome, with Ray against it.

I'm personally surprised at this response, because sure it could cause alot
of harm but the alternative is the restriction of information. Though maybe
this is just my hacker ethic getting indignant.

Joel