Re: Volitional Morality and Action Judgement

From: Michael Wilson (mwdestinystar@yahoo.co.uk)
Date: Fri Jun 04 2004 - 05:10:04 MDT

> Eliezer, I have a feeling that soon enough the reality itself, the
> Ultimate Truth Compiler, will teach you a thing or two about modesty.
> Especially when you'll try to compile LOGI or any similar type of
> document based, IMO, on good deal of guesswork.

Please wait while I finish giggling.

Ok, done.

Yes, Eliezer was operating without the benefit of implementation or anyone
who knew about implementation when he originally wrote LOGI etc. Yes,
serious redesign and a pile of extra mechanisms are needed to make that
stuff work. But guess what, I /am/ addicted to implementation and /my/
bottomless pit of arrogance doesn't come from doing theoretical work.

I'm afraid the sad truth of the matter is that reality appears to be
on our side. :)

 * Michael Wilson

.