Re: Effective(?) AI Jail

From: Jimmy Wales (jwales@bomis.com)
Date: Fri Jun 15 2001 - 11:55:41 MDT

Aaron McBride wrote:
> Speaking of incrementally... would we really be trying to communicate with
> an SI over a VT100?

I think that the idea of the VT100 is that we may want to communicate via a
medium that has the minimal bandwidth still permitting useful communication.

To be even safer, maybe we should only let the SI talk to us in a very simple
and slow binary code. 1 means yes, 0 means no. I go into the box, I ask a
question, and light A or light B turns on as an answer.

It'd be pretty hard to tell me a story that makes me cry with something like
that. It'd be pretty hard to teach me a pro-SI religious fanaticism through
an interface like that.

*            http://www.nupedia.com/            *
*      The Ever Expanding Free Encyclopedia     *