Re: Effective(?) AI Jail

From: Jimmy Wales (jwales@bomis.com)
Date: Fri Jun 15 2001 - 11:52:31 MDT

Gordon Worley wrote:
> As a further example, think about dogs. All of the time, humans
> train them to act certain ways and do their bidding. In other words,
> take over their minds. Smart or dumb, dogs minds can be taken over
> by humans who have enough skill.

I don't think that training dogs is the same thing as "taking over their minds".

But you overall point about the relative dumbness of humans (versus SI) and
the relative equality of humans (as compared to an SI) is a good one. That's
why I think that Eliezar's idea of us playing a game of "let me out of the box"
isn't a very useful or fair thing to attempt. Eliezar is _essentially equal_ to
me (from the viewpoint of an SI), even if he's a lot smarter than me.

*            http://www.nupedia.com/            *
*      The Ever Expanding Free Encyclopedia     *