Re: [sl4] Friendly AI and Enterprise Resource Management

From: Gwern Branwen (gwern0@gmail.com)
Date: Thu Oct 07 2010 - 11:26:56 MDT

On Tue, Oct 5, 2010 at 4:11 PM, Mindaugas Indriunas <inyuki@gmail.com> wrote:
> Recently, I had an opportunity to see how resource planning software can be
> useful for a company's goal tracking, and to start working on my own system
> to help me manage my own resources to succeed in life.
>
> It is a very interesting field of research, because it is possible to adapt
> the newest machine learning algorithms to automatize one's own decision
> making process.

Simple models often outperform experts and improve basic tasks, this
is true. But it's also a rather general observation. Could you give
more specifics about what one would track, the sort of algorithm that
decides for you, and examples? If email doesn't seem like the best
format, then this sort of thing sounds right up LessWrong.com's alley.

--
gwern
http://www.gwern.net/