Re: [sl4] Friendly AI and Enterprise Resource Management

From: John K Clark (johnkclark@fastmail.fm)
Date: Thu Oct 07 2010 - 10:58:11 MDT

On Tue, 5 Oct 2010 "Mindaugas Indriunas" <inyuki@gmail.com> said:

> It might be that one of the best ways to bring about the friendly AI is
> by trying to be very rational about one's own actions, defining one's own
> goal of life, and doing it in such a way that the resulting goal would be the
> objective good

In other words, you're going to try to convince the AI that "objective
good" means being good to a human being not to an AI like itself, even
though the AI is objectively superior to the human by any measure you
care to name. Pushing the virtues of such a slave mentality (sorry, I
believe the politically correct term is friendly) to a being much
smarter than you are is going to be a very hard sell.

  John K Clark

PS: SL4 has been dead for so long I almost feel like I'm talking to
myself.

--
  John K Clark
  johnkclark@fastmail.fm