Re: [sl4] Re: goals of AI... non physical components of mind != soul

From: Mu In Taiwan (mu.in.taiwan@gmail.com)
Date: Wed Nov 25 2009 - 20:54:26 MST

> Or if I removed your brain, ground it to a pulp, and then replaced it with
a computer that had exactly the > same behavior so that nobody could detect
any change in the behavior of your body, then you mean that > invisible
thing that is now missing from you?

Imagine if I created a perfect copy of your physical body, transplanted your
brain into it, woke you up, then put the afore-mentioned computer into your
'old' body. Now, I must grind up one of the bodies. Which will it be?

As much as I hate Searle, I fear it would be my old body that be getting
ground up.