Re: [sl4] I am a Singularitian who does not believe in the Singularity.

From: Stuart Armstrong (dragondreaming@googlemail.com)
Date: Thu Oct 08 2009 - 08:02:55 MDT

> Stuart, are you seriously suggesting that the stupid leading the
> brilliant is a permanently stable situation?

Of course it is - if the brilliant desire it. And If they do, they'll
come up with ways that we cannot even imagine to ensure that it stays
stable.

Extreme current example: a whole section of the population follows a
book, an object so stupid that it can't even talk back or decide
anything at all, just because that book is holy. And they will fight
you every step of the way if you try and make them follow anything
more sensible (such as an actual intelligence) instead...