Re: [sl4] Uploads coming first would be good, right?

From: Charles Hixson (charleshixsn@earthlink.net)
Date: Tue Feb 03 2009 - 19:04:05 MST

Read the rest of the paragraph. (It's still attached.) This, however,
isn't a statement to be justified so much as a matter of definition.
Certainly other definitions are possible, and some would even have
equivalent utility.

I'll agree that my definition doesn't help me decide who you are. It
presumed a stance of observation from within the model. I.e., I am
myself now, and two minutes from now I will be those sufficiently
connected to myself by a consistent chain of events. I can't say
isomorphism at the quantum level, because it's not a one-to-one and onto
mapping. If I put a coin in a slot machine, then I'm both the
individual two minutes from now who has lost the coin, and the other one
who has won. With different probability density. When two minutes from
now arrives I'll only be one of them.