Re: [sl4] giant planets ignation - one more existential risk

From: Alexei Turchin (alexeiturchin@gmail.com)
Date: Mon Dec 08 2008 - 15:24:41 MST

Every risk is worth considering, because we don''t know how small it
is untill we calculate it.

I estimate that probability of teoretical possibility of ignition of
giant planet is arround 1 per cent.

And I estimate that chases of intended or occasional detonation of any
planet is also 1 per cent for next several hundreds years

So, the chanses of human extinction from given risk is around 1 to 10 000.