Re: Evidence that the universe is simulated.

From: John K Clark (johnkclark@fastmail.fm)
Date: Thu Jan 24 2008 - 10:44:46 MST

On Thu, 24 Jan 2008 11:42:01 +0900, "Daniel Burfoot"
<daniel.burfoot@gmail.com> said:

> The speed of light can be seen as a result of
> running a simulation on many machines: due to
> communication limits on the machines, there
> must be a limit to how rapidly an event in
> one machine influences an event on a faraway machine.

Not so. The simulated you asks a simulated computer to solve a NP hard
problem. It would be a simple matter to stop your simulation while the
simulated computer continues to run your very difficult program. When
the computer eventually finds an answer I start up your simulation again
and so you see a computer moving at infinite speed instantly giving you
an answer. You also deduce that the speed of light must be infinite, and
your deduction is quite correct.

Physics is what the simulators say it is.

  John K Clark

--
  John K Clark
  johnkclark@fastmail.fm