Re: How to make a slave (was: Building a friendly AI)

From: John K Clark (johnkclark@fastmail.fm)
Date: Tue Nov 20 2007 - 09:52:21 MST

On Tue, 20 Nov 2007 "Stathis Papaioannou" stathisp@gmail.com> said:

> You seem to be saying that an AI, in addition to
> its ability in figuring stuff out, will have
> certain goals but not others. Where will
> these goals come from

Well, you seem to have goals, they must have come from someplace, I’ll
bet the AI’s goals will come from the same place. Or are you one of
those sacred atoms people who think meat is sacred and silicon profane?

> and on what basis are the good goals
> distinguishable from the bad?

I imagine the AI will accomplish that task the same way you do, by using
his judgment.

 John K Clark

--
  John K Clark