Re: Re: Simulation argument in the NY Times

From: Алексей Турчин (avturchin@mail.ru)
Date: Wed Aug 15 2007 - 15:36:05 MDT

The fact that we live in most intersting point in the history - near Singularity - gives some probability to the idea that we live in Simulation. Given that we here in the mail list are only a few who understand it, the probability that we are in the world, there not all people are real is also higher.

But argument about Simulation works only if we accept one picture of the world - the real world consists from atoms, and simulated - from computer calculations.

But may be real atoms are some kind of calculations ? And the Simulation is not a computer simulation, but a real model in size 1 to 1. In this case the difference between real and simaulated will disappear.

And, after all, maybe the only real thing in the world are qualia - i.e. perception of red, greens - and they are not objects that could be calculated or simulated.