Re: Simulation argument in the NY Times

From: Henry Wolf VII (hwolfvii@gmail.com)
Date: Wed Aug 15 2007 - 09:21:37 MDT

We can extrapolate the things that exist in our universe to an outside
universe, but that could be a very small part of that outside "universe".
 Further, we put plenty of things into our games and simulations with which
we have problems.
Look at software such as Manhunt, where one is intent on killing in the most
devious ways possible for an example. While we have yet to create new and
interesting emotions in our simulations, there is no reason to assume this
is impossible.

It is quite frankly much more likely that outside the box they have created
a simulation that is significantly different from their own "universe" than
one that is similar.

--
Cordially,
Henry George Wolf VII