Re: Re: Re[2]: A very surreal day

From: Rick Smith (rick.smith@ntlworld.com)
Date: Fri Aug 03 2007 - 10:42:57 MDT

> --- Dagon Gmail <dagonweb@gmail.com> wrote:

>We are using our genes and minds in ways we weren't designed for.

Our brains developed as general purpose adaptive solution finders. In that sense any problem we turn them to is what they were designed for. To claim anything above splitting bones or cracking nuts is an incorrect use seems a little narrow.

>I called 9/11 a full half year before it happened,

If you knew about the attacks beforehand and didn't tell the authorities, I think you should be more worried about the goverment knocking on the door that someone working on AGI should! Or does that make me sound like a conspiracy theorist...?

-Rick-