Re: Re[2]: A very surreal day

From: Tom McCabe (rocketjet314@yahoo.com)
Date: Wed Aug 01 2007 - 14:59:56 MDT

If there were some nefarious conspiracy out there to
destroy transhumanism/Singularitarianism/AGI research,
they'd have *done it already*. None of the
transhumanist organizations or AGI research projects
have the resources needed to wage a length battle with
the government, and organizations like SIAI and the
WTA need government permission to operate as nonprofit
tax-exempt charities. Bureaucrats are not known for
their ability to pick out which technologies will
influence the world who-knows-how-many years in
advance- just look at how badly our own government
flopped when they tried to prevent people from
exporting heavy encryption.

 - Tom