Re: Google wins

From: wannabe (wannabe@ababian.com)
Date: Mon Jul 31 2006 - 14:35:51 MDT

And I was really impressed recently when I found out that Peter Norvig is a
Director out ther-- one of the authors of one of the main AI textbooks. I
hear that quite a few of the other folks there have AI backgrounds. Granted
it sounds like mostly GOFAI, but still, they have quite a bit of commitment.
And they do focus on things that really get stuff done. I also hear that part
of the culture there is that they get a bit of freedom to work on what they
want. It really sounds like a promising bunch.
andi