Re: Ultimate Goal of Intelligence; thoughts on creation of Artificial Intelligence

From: Joel Pitt (joel.pitt@gmail.com)
Date: Thu Jun 08 2006 - 18:14:56 MDT

On 6/9/06, Indriunas, Mindaugas <inyuki@gmail.com> wrote:
> At this point, I had thought of a hypothesis, that the ultimate goal
> of any intelligence, as a "thinking entity", is purely - to understand
> everything.

Consider those people people that don't purely seek to understand
everything. People driven by greed, lust, pleasure. These may still be
attempting "to understand", but you need to address how these goals or
motivators behind action relate to your premise that the ultimate goal
of an intelligence is to understand.

In my opinion these drivers seem to define the ultimate goal of
(human) intelligence to be reproduce and support offspring. Even if
some us like to neglect these drivers in favour of higher goals.

--
-Joel
"Wish not to seem, but to be, the best."