Re: The SA and the DA

From: Jeff Herrlich (jeff_herrlich@yahoo.com)
Date: Fri Mar 10 2006 - 12:24:49 MST

Hi Philip,

  I would be greatly angered. Such a simulation seems plainly cruel from my human perspective. I would also be very upset by other possible implications. Such as, if a simulation of this sort is allowed, are there any limitations at all to what can be simulated? Is a simulated "Hell" with 10 billion sufferers an allowable thing to create? Is a post-human allowed to simulate conscious sex-slaves for its own amusement? What will be my own fate if and when my simulation is over? Etc. Fortunately for me, I don't currently think this is a simulation.

  Best,

  Jeffrey Herrlich

Philip Goetz <philgoetz@gmail.com> wrote:
  Poll: Do you or do you not have a problem with living in a simulation?
I mean, would it upset you greatly to learn you are living in a
simulation? If so, why?

Intellectually, I think it shouldn't matter much to me. It wouldn't
rob me of my "dignity" or make me feel like a soulless robot. But it
would probably be disturbing to me to know.

Yahoo! Mail