Re: The SA and the DA

From: Carl Shulman (cshulman@fas.harvard.edu)
Date: Fri Mar 10 2006 - 11:20:34 MST

I would be greatly concerned. If the visible universe is the 'basement
level' of reality, then each human mind has a nontrivial chance of being
uploaded and accessing astronomical computing resources. On the other
hand, if we are simulated by beings with limited computing resources
(beings who do not simulate reality down to the quantum level when no
one is looking) then we may be turned off just as the Singularity
arrives and the computational costs of simulation explode.

Cheers,
Carl Shulman