Singularity Institute: Likely to win the race to build GAI?

From: Joshua Fox (joshua@joshuafox.com)
Date: Mon Feb 13 2006 - 13:26:49 MST

The writings at intelligence.org have made quite an impression on me.

Though I am no expert, it appears to me that the Institute is a thought
leader in the definition and the creation of FAI.

But let me ask: Why does the Institute believe that it has a reasonable
chance of leading the world in the construction of a GAI? After all,
there are thousands of researchers in GAI, many of them quite bright
people, who are working on this. Isn't it fair to assume that it is most
probable that one of these will "win" the race to GAI?

Joshua