Re: no more lottery talk

From: Mike Dougherty (msd001@gmail.com)
Date: Sun Jan 01 2006 - 17:07:12 MST

Suppose a system exists in multiple states (ex: psi observed & explained,
observed & not explained, not observed)
If that system is affected by each researcher that becomes entangled with
it, then why can't we say that the involvement of a skeptic actually
influences the results? Would anyone accept that the only way the research
is valid is if there are no "non-believers"? This is completely counter to
the scientific method of testing a theory. Maybe psi is inherently
undetectable using this methodology. Sailors used lodestones to determine
north-south bearing long before magnetism was proposed as the magic that
made them work. Perhaps psi has a mechanism that we have not been able to
determine. Perhaps it does not.