Re: Hardcore SL4 Technology

From: Rik van Riel (riel@surriel.com)
Date: Sun Dec 11 2005 - 08:49:26 MST

On Sun, 11 Dec 2005, Tennessee Leeuwenburg wrote:

> Also, there doesn't seem to be much supporting the "galaxy brain"
> estimate of computation.

> It seems to me that performing the simulation in perfect detail would
> require complexity greater than the complexity of the system itself, or
> lesser complexity but in slower than real-time.

Given the speed limit of the speed of light, it is quite
possible that computation simply cannot scale beyond a
certain point.

In order to increase the capacity of your computer, it
has to grow to a size that slows down communication
so much the simulation ends up running slower than it
did on a smaller computer.