Re: Long Self Theory

From: Pope Salmon the Lesser Mungojelly (rainbow@beautywood.org)
Date: Mon Oct 31 2005 - 10:40:46 MST

On Mon, 31 Oct 2005 03:54:49 -0500, Woody Long
<ironanchorpress@earthlink.net> wrote:

> Inference 1. The subject is acting as a focalizing agent, focalizing on
> and remembering one sound source at a time, never able to attend to both.

I think this study is being beaten to death. It could just as easily be a
overactive low-level preprocessing routine for distinguishing voices
against noisy backgrounds, couldn't it?

> Thing is, this conscious, motivationally autonomous, cognitive,
> artificial
> self standard for androids can't be built without infringing on my
> patent.

It's ridiculous ideas like that that give patents a bad name.

<3,
mungojelly