Re: physics of uploading minds. [poll???]

From: Olie Lamb (olie@vaporate.com)
Date: Sun Oct 30 2005 - 23:26:11 MST

I don't want to weigh into the continuity debate, because that has
enough difficulty without going into the Metaphysics arena.

However, with people throwing back and forth "All true information is
Physical information" "no it's not! There are a priori concepts /
concepts qualia etc", I'm interested in polling the community-

Who is a physicalist ("all info is physical info") and who is not? What
are the others?

Who's a Dennet Zombie? Who thinks qualia have more substance than
Phlostigon?

THIS IS NOT A POLL YET; I would first like to establish the terms of the
poll.

--Olie