Re: The Relevance of Preposterous Posturing

From: Damien Broderick (thespike@satx.rr.com)
Date: Thu Sep 08 2005 - 19:49:09 MDT

At 06:33 PM 9/8/2005 -0700, Jef wrote:

>There is an arrogance and self-righteousness about this group that is
>ironic in its sincere desire to save all humankind.

There is a farcical macho strutting and hissing that is always ironic in
geeks. (I know, I've done my share of it in other places and times.) It
reminds me of the always pungent Tim Kreider --
http://www.thepaincomics.com/ -- who not long ago inked a besuited nebbish
thundering past lesser traffic in his uberSUV thinking with smug
self-satisfaction, "NOW who's the shit?" while everyone else looks away in
disgust muttering, "Asshole."

The tone of responses to Richard L. has been disgraceful. Get over yourselves.

Damien Broderick