RE: Flashback to 1975

From: Stephen Reed (reed@cyc.com)
Date: Mon Jul 18 2005 - 07:49:18 MDT

On Mon, 18 Jul 2005, Ben Goertzel wrote:
> Yes, I also agree that such an "AI IQ test suite" would be a nice thing to
> have, and I'd also have my AI team devote resources to it if we had a
> sufficient excess...

At Cycorp we have hundreds of knowledge base content queries that we run
frequently as a regression test.

Typical questions, paraphrased in English:

Can a dead person read?
Can bacteria do math?
Do horses live under water?
What is the approximate diameter of a basketball?
Can boulders float?
Does owning three cars entail owning at least two vehicles?

These tests are useful for tuning the performance of symbolic deductive
inference, and for ensuring that ongoing knowledge (facts/rules) entry,
and programming changes do not adversely effect the regression test suite.

Cheers.
-Steve

Stephen L. Reed                  phone:  512.342.4036
Cycorp, Suite 100                  fax:  512.342.4040
3721 Executive Center Drive      email:  reed@cyc.com
Austin, TX 78731                   web:  http://www.cyc.com
         download OpenCyc at http://www.opencyc.org