RE: Flashback to 1975

From: Ben Goertzel (ben@goertzel.org)
Date: Mon Jul 18 2005 - 07:32:07 MDT

Hmmm... OK, so your attitude on this is about the same as mine....

Yes, I also agree that such an "AI IQ test suite" would be a nice thing to
have, and I'd also have my AI team devote resources to it if we had a
sufficient excess...

Since no one working on AGI has an excess of resources, I guess this test
suite is unlikely to come into existence anytime soon, unless DARPA or
someone decided to specifically fund its creation...

As I recall, Michael Roy Ames (a member of this list) was working on such a
thing a couple years ago, but his project never reached completion...

Ben