Re: A disclaimer - I am *not* a Singularitarian

From: Mark Waser \(home\) (mwaser@cox.net)
Date: Sat Jun 04 2005 - 10:35:04 MDT

>> The US government *is* democratically elected, and believing otherwise is
>> primarily the domain of people with tinfoil headgear.

The 2004 exit poll statistics from Pennsylvania, Ohio, and Florida tend to
indicate otherwise with all three being several sigmas out of whack with the
"vote results." Given that other countries find exit polls accurate enough
to call elections, that there is no paper audit trail to validate the "vote
results", and that the leading maker of voting machines (Dieboldt) has said
that he will do anything to get Bush re-elected, it seems a very reasonable
question as to whether the President (you know, the head of the US
government and the person who appoints a large portion of the executive and
judicial branches) was indeed democratically elected.