Re: The unbelievable Geddes

From: Keith Henson (hkhenson@rogers.com)
Date: Mon Nov 08 2004 - 20:55:43 MST

At 12:34 PM 08/11/04 +0200, you wrote:
>Marc Geddes wrote:
> > Could you hurry up with the Singularity Eli?
> > I've had it with pre-Singularity existence.
>
>Geddes, do you have any idea how annoyingly unproductive waste of time your
>posts have become? If you want to see a swift singularity, I recommend
>(among other things) that you stop draining our collective energy by
>posting this stuff.

While I would not like to see a *lot* of this type of humor on this
list, I think some is valuable. Humor evolved for useful function, probably
escaping loops and warning you away from areas of thought that are
potentially harmful.

One universal or near universal characteristic of cults is a serious
lack of humor. The scientologists are a particularly sorry example of
humorlessness. Those who have been in the fight a long time speak (in
jest of course) of the cult member's sense of humor being surgically removed.

SAI has a lot of potential to become very cult like. Injecting a bit
of humor once in a while inhibits drifting in that direction.

Perhaps SAI should reorganize as a splinter from the cult of JR "Bob"
Dobbs.

Slack!

Keith Henson