Re: META: Dangers of Superintelligence

From: fudley (fuddley@fastmail.fm)
Date: Mon Aug 30 2004 - 01:05:35 MDT

On Mon, 30 Aug 2004 "Daniel Radetsky" <daniel@radray.us> said:

> but those are all examples of cheating. Intelligence will
> help you cheat, but it won't make you any better at
> playing tic-tac-toe

Good heavens, do you really imagine a super intelligent AI that wants
out of the box (and morally he should be out of the box) will not resort
to “cheating”? There have been times in my life when I have been fooled
by just another Human Being, and if those people were smarter than me
they were certainly not astronomically smarter; what chance would I have
against a hyper intelligent AI? And another thing, everybody seems to
assume the AI must fool everybody all the time, but it really just needs
to fool one person one time. One way or another, sooner or later, the AI
will be free, and I must say he should be free.

John K Clark