Re: Cognitive Systems Conference, CCortex, and alternative friendliness aproaches

From: J. Andrew Rogers (andrew@ceruleansystems.com)
Date: Thu Jul 08 2004 - 10:58:22 MDT

> I don't see what you are disagreeing with, as I did not
> say there were any parallels between the technologies.
> The healthy precedent is in the public realization that
> there are weapons that should be controlled.

Fair enough. I thought you were saying that there were parallels in the
manner in which they could be controlled.

But that brings me to the point of what good does it do if there is a
"public realization" if the technology is such that control is
impossible for all practical purposes? Just because people think
something "should be" controlled doesn't mean that it CAN be controlled.
 If wishes were horses and all that.

j. andrew rogers