Re: qualia again (and again and again)

From: Tomaz Kristan (tomaz.kristan@gmail.com)
Date: Tue Jul 06 2004 - 21:15:04 MDT

On Tue, 6 Jul 2004 16:01:02 -0600, mike99 <mike99@lascruces.com> wrote:

> ...And on that note, I think we should terminate this discussion and move on
> to more constructive and productive topics.

I can't see much more relevant things, than this debate. When the
objective morality has finally gets some contours, (unexpected and
unwelcomed for most of the people here), there is no point to not (at
least) get some clear positions about the matter.

Okay, the majority isn't very pleased with the qualia based moral, but
we don't know why really, yet.

Face it, the investigating of Mars could be quite a doll task for a
transhuman, except for the first 15 minutes. There isn't very much to
learn, not very many bits of data has been accumulated on Mars so far.
So he would turn this planet to some useware, with which some qualia
based adventures can be performed. Mars is worthless, if it doesn't
stimulate some positive emotions. And it is worth exactly as much, as
the total amount of good feelings it may yield to some sentients.

The same may go with the whole Universe.