Re: Qualia feel good?

From: Elias Sinderson (elias@cse.ucsc.edu)
Date: Tue Jul 06 2004 - 08:30:27 MDT

Metaqualia:

>I don't have a particular definition of qualia (who does?) [...] I think we can all agree on what qualia are?

Elias Sinderson:

>Surely you must be joking...

Metaqualia:

>Not joking, I stand by my statements.

Am I to understand, then, that while you (a) admit that you have no
definition of what qualia are and (b) question whether anyone does, you
somehow maintain that we should all be able to agree what they are? This
position is simply illogical and I implore you to examine it more
critically. To whit, without offering a definition, how can we agree on
a definition?!?

Regards,
Elias