Re: 3 Laws Bad: I, Robot movie

From: David Cake (dave@difference.com.au)
Date: Wed Jun 02 2004 - 21:16:17 MDT

>Been a long time, but the basic story for I, Robot
>begins with human detective Lije Bailey assigned to
>investigate a murder, and finds that his partner will
>be R. Daneel Olivaw, a robot. Wackiness does not
>ensue.

        Nope, thats Caves of Steel. I, Robot is a short story
collection (as is the 'sequel', the Rest of the Robots. Most of the
stories center around some odd pattern of robot behaviour being
observed, deduced to be possible, or arising in the course of the
story, and explained to the reader in terms of how it arises from the
basic three laws, often explicated by robo-psychology expert Susan
Calvin.
        The Lije Bailey stories do take place in the same universe as
the robot stories, and also feature the relationship of humanity to
robots at their core.
        Regards
                David