RE: 'Singularity Realism' - A few thoughts

From: Ben Goertzel (ben@goertzel.org)
Date: Fri Mar 05 2004 - 10:32:45 MST

Hi,

Yep, I agree fully that these SL4 issues SHOULD be paid attention to by a
large percentage of mainstream AI and CS and cog sci researchers!

Unfortunately, though, this does not seem to be the case.... most AI
researchers seem to consider AI purely a branch of advanced algorithmics...
and most cog sci researchers seem entirely occupied with studying human
psych and neurosciences...

But yeah, there are a few of us "serious scientists" on this list (though I
try not to be *too* serious >grin< .. ;-)

ben