RE: 'Singularity Realism' - A few thoughts

From: Chris Healey (chealey@unicom-inc.com)
Date: Fri Mar 05 2004 - 10:02:37 MST

Well, all I really wanted to convey is that the questions addressed by
CFAI and discussions on SL4, irregardless of correctness, should be
getting asked more often in AI research than they appear to be. If
there WERE a bunch of people "ripping-it-off" that would certainly be
contributing to topical thought about those issues, and would be a net
positive development.

Even if most of it IS time-wasting lunacy. :)

Which, I must admit, DOES suggest that there are few serious
scientists that would wager their free time against finding a
diamond-in-the-rough here...

Point taken.

-Chris Healey