RE: Collapsarity

From: Ben Goertzel (ben@goertzel.org)
Date: Tue Apr 01 2003 - 07:29:36 MST

> What I said is that suffering of the degree present in our world is proof
> enough that a Friendly AI is not present.

Hmmm... [jumping into the conversation quite late] ... I guess that is true
under a narrow conception of what a Friendly AI is.

However, the amount of suffering in the world does not seem to me to be
intrinsically incompatible with the presence of a superintelligent AI with a
basically benevolent outlook.

Perhaps all this suffering is "necessary" in some sense that our pesky
little human minds are not good at understanding...

-- Ben G