Re: request an argument

From: Robin Lee Powell (rlpowell@digitalkingdom.org)
Date: Tue Mar 11 2003 - 23:47:36 MST

On Wed, Mar 12, 2003 at 01:18:24AM -0500, S?bastien Chikara wrote:
> Here's the latest flippant argument I had against the singularity
> hypothesis:
>
> "One of the most common fallacies people fall into is to assume any
> given trend will retain its current path forever. It ain't so."

Of course not. That's the *point*. Technological progress can't
continue forever at its current snails pace; not with every new
technology helping to create the next one.

> p.s. he also mentionned Wired's Fieldguide To Transhumanists
> http://www.wired.com/wired/archive/11.04/start.html?pg=12 but as far
> as generalities goes... i have to agree this one is rather funny.

As a moderate libertarian and a non-moderate singularitarian, I have to
say that the "who gets laid" is skewed rather the other way. Sure,
Extropians go to rave, but watch some of the smarter sigularitarians at
a sci-fi con some time...

All assuming males, of course. 8P

-Robin, who has two gfs. 8)

--
http://www.digitalkingdom.org/~rlpowell/    ***    I'm a *male* Robin.
.i le pamoi velru'e zo'u crepu le plibu taxfu