request an argument

From: Sébastien Chikara (p_chikara@hotmail.com)
Date: Tue Mar 11 2003 - 23:18:24 MST

Here's the latest flippant argument I had against the singularity
hypothesis:
"One of the most common fallacies people fall into is to assume any given
trend will retain its current path forever. It ain't so."
I fought the good fight all day but now I need a break :-)
so if anyone would fancy overkilling this argument with extreme future shock
prejudice, it would be appreciated.
or whatever you see fit really.

Sébastien

p.s. he also mentionned Wired's Fieldguide To Transhumanists
http://www.wired.com/wired/archive/11.04/start.html?pg=12
but as far as generalities goes... i have to agree this one is rather funny.